I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Sunday 1 April 2012

Day One

NaPoWriMo 2012

SUBCONSCIOUS
as prompted by Stanski of Elephant Small
Unfortunately Stanski won't be taking part in this year's challenge but he has agreed to throw a few prompts my way.

Here's mine:

TROGLODITICUS
He grows red tomatoes in his green house
green house gasses beneath his allotment
a lot of the time he just grows more weeds
weeding is not in his mentality
Mental as Trogloditicus on heat
heather and thistles in his barren land
land on his desk in little seed packets
Packs up his bags and retreats back inside
inside the confines of his estranged mind
mind over matter he pitter-patters
Patters and splatters like pouring down rain
raining like pithy as sad as his heart
01042012/1



btw, Here's another site that's
offering prompts for NaPoWriMo - ArtamokslamLink
Here's the one I did for them:

The dandy lion
Is off to see the wizard
On daffodil day

01042012

4 comments:

  1. Trpgloditicus sounds loke someone I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read: Trogloditicus sounds like someone I know!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you use the last word in some form to start the next line. I don't know that much about poetry, I just love to write. Is this a certain type of poetry or just something that you started doing?

    Really enjoyed it. And yes I will follow you because I would like to read more of this type of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan, thanks for the follow! Yes it's just something I started writing a couple of years ago, I stole the idea from 'the syllable sestina' which is a very difficult form of poetry to write. I don't always write this way, but sometimes I do go a bit OTT, as in this post .

      Delete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.