I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 24 April 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 Day Twenty-Four

NaPoWriMo 2013
Day Twenty-Four

WINNERS AND LOSERS
They build you up and then they knock you down
Downtown Chicago winners and losers
Los Angeles is a bit like that too
Tomorrow another thousand will come.

Welcome to America and all that
Thatchers bricklayers and hatters wanted
Tedious as it might seem to the poor
Or even more so to the rich out there.

Here they come Ellis Island once again
In their droves to build the Chicago Loop
Loopy as a two bit Hollywood flake
Lake Michigan will never be the same.

Samantha changed her name and became Sam
Sambucas for the winners as they build.
240413 

Day Twenty-Four last year.

2 comments:

  1. My kinda town... And as for a drink? I'll have whatever you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it's Sambucas all round!

    Thanks for the prompt Stan.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.