I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 29 April 2016

Day Twenty Nine


Day Twenty Nine

The prompt at NaPoWriMo today was to
write a poem based on things you remember.

Here’s mine:

MEMORIES
Monday we said we would always be bold  
My very first kiss – sixteen – seconds old
Falling back to earth in a lead balloon
She thought that she was flying to the moon

Memories can flatter and sometimes please
Dib dib dib - Dob dob dob - all of those d’s
Falling off the pier she soon learnt to swim
Remember the day of the world cup win

Akela – the sex pest – we’ll do our best
She tried to tempt me did I pass the test
Remember the cold November the fifth
Tuesday was colder she told me forthwith

I’m always wrong so she won’t let me stay
Monday through Tuesday - to half day Wednesday

290416

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.