I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 4 April 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017 Day Four

DAY FOUR

RED WHITE AND BLUE
Today is no different just longer than yesterday ever was
It lingers like the aftershock of ginger in the mouth down and out
Trick or treat tents without tent poles and international flags for sale
What colour is the union jack a foreign student asks the salesman
They’re red white and blue son the flag shop barker replies laughing at him
Can I have a blue one asks the student holding out a ten pound note?
The blue ones are more expensive me old china why not have this one
He shoves a small red white and blue union flag into the student’s hand
That’ll be just nine ninety nine - there you go – give the man a penny

040417

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.