I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Tuesday 16 April 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 Day Sixteen

NaPoWriMo 2013
Day Sixteen

Yesterday was my five hundredth post on this blog
and the phone didn't stop ringing, which inspired my
poem for this the sixteenth day of NaPoWriMo 2013.

Here it is:

DEAD WRINGERS
His home phone never stopped ringing
Ringing, ringing, ringing in his ears
Tearfully he disconnected his Ansaphone
Phone calls were taking over his life

Life was for living he told himself
Elfishly he turned the damn thing off
Offering the ringers no choice at all
All that happened was - they rang him some more

Some moron had found his cell phone number
Cucumber dog and partridge trombone
One two three, five-five-five, six nine, nine eleven
Eventually though something had to give

Give me strength he said, jumping into the canal
All the ringers were watching, waiting, wringing him out
160413

7 comments:

  1. Many thanks to Stanski of Elephant Small for giving me the title for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy... Lucky I had your phone number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andy... Lucky I had your phone number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stan,I can't deal with any more calls, I'm going ex-directory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. Most phone calls are unwelcome intrusions. I once tried only answering every tenth call. Didn't miss a thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, thanks for commenting on my blog, so I could find you here. I agree to a point. I have a cell phone, and the only time I truly want to rant is in the weeks coming up to an election. Other than that, it's easy-peasy on my phone. I feel your pain, since we used to have a landline! Thanks, Amy

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.