I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Sunday 6 April 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Six

Day Six

TheSunday Whirl – Wordle 155
Strap Swing power tough diamond waterfall suspend unit zip detail barrier pleat

SEATTLE WASN'T LIKE THIS
She’s always had this thing about swing
String her from the lamppost suspend her there
Hear her scream about how tough things can be
Between lovers on the sea shore tonight

Right the devil’s in the detail making
Taking everything back to his unlit
Unit deep deep down in the dark blue sea
Seattle wasn't like this yesterday

Day after day I think about the strip
Strap it on my belt paint it on my lip
Zip under the barrier and pluck a
Pucker diamond from the waterfall

Almost done this whirl is fun to complete
Pleat and power I’ll leave her swinging there
060414

My Day Six from 2013

23 comments:

  1. Ah.. to swing from a lamppost.. I want to do that as well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I bet you really don't want to hear her scream.

      Delete
  2. I love your humor and the last stanza. It was fun to read and to think of the devil in the deep blue sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought fun was the way for me to go with this.

      Delete
  3. How I loved the construction of this piece with each line's last word echoed in the first of the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted. It's a mad thing I do sometimes.

      Delete
  4. String her from the lampost to capture her thing about swing... clever! A fun contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fun to read. Makes me want to hear it sung. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm singing it now, if it helps you I think it sounds better if you change She's and her to you.

      Delete
    2. If I were there, I'd be singing along!

      Delete
    3. Don't worry I'll sing it for you.

      Delete
  6. Fun along with the idea every thing is always changing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plucking pucker diamonds sounds like a fun pursuit--especially if the one offering the puckers is, shall we say, tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's a proper Johnny Reggae, with his two tone tonic strides.

      Delete
  8. I also enjoyed the capture of the last sound with the beginning of a new line. A fun read and I applaud your singing.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing lines: 'Right the devil’s in the detail making
    Taking everything back to his unlit' ~ you have light temper, funny, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I love the bit about the light temper!

      Delete
  10. Clara Petacci, Mussolini's 'mistress', comes to mind... She must have felt the same way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Claretta, I doubt if she was thinking much by the time they strung her up.

      Delete
  11. Always good to leave us hanging..waiting for more..pleat and power back to you!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.