I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 9 April 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 Day Nine

Day Nine

3WW CCCLXIII
Horrible
Listless
Moody

Here’s my attempt :

POMONA STRAND
Nothing could be more horrible than this
To sleep right through the barbershop quartet
And only dream that you blew me a kiss
My love for you is such I can’t forget

Although you call me fat and a foodie
I know that you don’t really mean to hurt
Nothing you can say can make me moody
Unless you shout you’re too big for your shirt

If I can keep awake right through the show
One day we’ll be together like we planned
And then the world will really really know
We'll walk along Pomona hand in hand

Oh but my listless lifestyle makes me sleep
And this causes my beautiful to weep
090414

My Day Nine from 2013

16 comments:

  1. There has to be a middle ground between listless and life-full! I know there is humour but it's also quite romantic..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jae, I was looking for romantic, without being too serious.

      Delete
  2. My husband sent a barbershop quartet to serenade me once. It would be a very difficult thing to sleep through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be horrible, but perhaps not to difficult for someone with such a listless lifestyle.

      Delete
  3. 'listless lifestyle makes me sleep' sometimes you just have to find someone that accepts you as you are hope your love finds that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheilagh Lee, I'll let you know when I've found her, yawn. Sorry, I nearly fell asleep.

      Delete
  4. this really made me smile... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping through her recital? For shame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like any separation is the result of not wanting to settle for anything less than extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleeping through with live music. Can be fun if soft and sentimental. Listless lifestyle can be stressful. Good music is an adult's lullaby! Great write Danny!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she's sending you to sleep deliberately... putting off that walk along Pomona... Not exactly the most picturesque point on the Ship Canal...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah but look at the potential there, you could build a small city on all that vacant land.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.