I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Wednesday 30 April 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 Conclusion

Acrid, Dramatic, Quarantine.
  
MAY RAIN
The thunder and the lightning frightening as a quarantine ward. The acrid stench only dampened by a dramatic downpour of May rain. April showers are a thing of the past; I've been saying that for years.
010514

2014 CONCLUSION
Hope you enjoyed NaPoWriMo this year. This was my sixth year and probably the hardest for me. Writing thirty poems in thirty days is always a challenge and this bout was no exception. I suppose the best you can hope for is five or six decent pieces in the month, but this time I feel only maybe two or three of mine will ever be seen beyond these pages. But of course it’s the taking part that counts, and if you didn't do it this year, maybe you could give it a try next April.

My Conclusion from 2013

18 comments:

  1. beautifully put I can picture it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the May rain were tears of relief that NaPoWriMo was over for another year. Maybe next year then, I say lying through my teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks! I think you should do NaPoWriMo next year.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing poetry month !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rall, I was getting a bit down (under) near the end.

      Delete
  4. You mean I have to wait until June for the flowers? Bummer.

    Congrats on completing NopoWriMo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Alice, we've still got some dandelions here.

      Delete
  5. Everything is a thing of the past... apart from NaPoWriMo 2015, which is a thing of the future... along with other things that haven't happened yet... ... ...
    Well done for completing another year of verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stan, and well done to you too! my heads spinning, but I'm waiting for 5102!

      Delete
  6. Obviously also suffering at the hands of the UK weather..it is like pathetic fallacy weather! Well done on the thirty poems..this is a fine little acrid and thundery word shower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! And congrats on doing the 30 - I chicked out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a big accomplishment to write the 30 required pieces! I've never participated, but I might next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, Andy, 30 poems per 30 days! What a dedication! Congratulation! You have a light-hand-word-mind gift! Enjoyed your poems :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here where I live, there has been no rain. Only surly, overcast skies and wind to drive a person mad!
    Thanks so much for visiting The Netherworld!

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.