I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Monday 14 April 2014

NaPowriMo 2014 Day Fourteen

Day Fourteen

Today’s prompt (optional, as always) is a little something I’m calling “Twenty Questions.” The idea is to write a poem in which every sentence, except for the last one, is in the form of a question. That’s it! It can be as long or short as you like. The questions can be deep and philosophical (‘what is the meaning of life?’) or routine and practical (‘are you going to eat that?’). Or both!
Happy writing!

Here’s mine:

THE METAL GURU
Why do you come home so late at night
Have you got a bunker mentality
Do you believe I'm the metal guru
Are you obsessed with conspiracy theories
When will you tell me the things that you do
Will you come home for Christmas or Easter
Have you got money to pay for my fare
Do you want dinner at my place or yours
Are you a believer or out to deceive
When will you trust in the gods like I do
Will you arrive on the boat or the flight
Have you got answers to all of my questions
Do you want me to bring anything round
Are you in love with the daffs and the daisies
When will you tell me that our love is true
Will you stay over for more than one day
Have you got weapons if we have to fight
Do you want whiskey or beer or wine
Are you the one that is driving me crazy
When will the curry be ready to eat
You know that I love you enjoy this tonight
140414


My Day Fourteen from 2013

2 comments:

  1. Are you talking to me...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stan, this is a sandwich poem. Twenty questions with a different last line. So what makes it a sandwich? I hear you ask, Well the first line although a question is different to the fillings, which start with have, do, are, when, and will.

    ReplyDelete

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.