I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Friday 19 April 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 Day Nineteen

NaPoWriMo 2013
Day Nineteen

Today’s prompt at Napowrimo.net comes to 
us from a list that Daisy Fried put together: 
Write a poem in the form of a personal ad!
Or, if you like, try any kind of want ad. 

Personal ads, though, do have a kind of poetry to them. 
The personal ads of the London Review of Books are 
particularly famous, and have even spawned a book
When I was younger, one of my favorite guilty pleasures 
was getting a copy of the local alternative newspaper and 
reading through the personal ads for (a) witty ones and 
(b) really horrible ones. One of my favorites was a witty one, 
which went something like this:
Antonymically Correct?
Ham-fisted, vindictive milquetoast seeks ineducable, filthy 

harridan to castigate, bore, and neglect. 

Try and top that, if you like. (Oh, and by the way, the 

personal ad doesn't actually have to be about you, of course. 
Feel free to invent every last thing about it). Happy writing!

Here’s mine:

HELP!
Beatles fan wltm similar
perhaps please please me at the cinema
or Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Old codger coffin dodger hold my hand
190413

2 comments:

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.