I know you love me but if you follow me I'll love you too!

Sunday 9 April 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017 Day Nine

DAY NINE

MOVE OVER CASANOVA
I’m standing on a chair hiding my eyes
High up above the traffic flow below
The skew whiff Albert Clock still goes tic toc
Where satellite dishes litter the streets
I’m looking at a city that is clean
Take pity on graffiti scrawl on walls

Back in the box (until she lets me out again)
Will she come out to play today?
Or will the magic fade away? And die!
Like some dead body walking on my grave
She’s got more luggage than an airport carousel
And I don’t know if I can juggle it too well

Oh she’s breaking my heart like yesterday
She’s pulling me to pieces anyway
And jig-saws aren’t her thing to fix me up
It’s all gimme the candy and be gone
Get back in your box with your cricket sox
Move over Casanova not tonight

090417

No comments:

Post a Comment

.Posts over eight days old will go to comment moderation - all genuine comments good bad or indifferent will eventually be published. Spam will be deleted. Many thanks for visiting today.